Monday, April 10, 2006

Saturday night at "The Foggy Goggle"

So Saturday night I was invited out to celebrate a co-workers's birthday, and I was unsure about going out at first because I am not a night owl like I used to be. I'm getting old ya know?!?! LOL. Just kidding.

Well anyways the plan was to meet up with this guy (who trained me for the position at work where I just started not recently), his girlfriend and some others at his hotel to have some drinks at first, and then head to the bar/s. I drove in with my friend/co-worker Lynn and her friend Kim. We ended up eating dinner at the hotel restaurant downstairs first and then went up to the room and had some drinks.

The next place we head is this place called The Foggy Goggle.



The name sounded very odd but was worth trying out. I did some research online to find more about it before I went there. Turns out I was reading some not-so-positive comments about it - saying that it composed of scantily-clad women and sleazbags that were always trying to hit on women, and some of the people that went there looked like they were under 21. I was not sure of the idea now, but most people wanted to go there regardless. Turns out I had a really good time and the reviews that I read didn't seem to match the atmosphere which worked out well. It was a very small place though, and mixed drinks were around $6.00-$7.50, but they played pretty decent music and I danced with the birthday boy a little (sorry Dave!).

I was invited to yet another bar/club in a few weeks again to "The Liquor Store". Another interesting name. We shall see.

Blogger Antek: If there are a bunch of scantilly clad women at that "Froggy Goggle" place can you please give me a call... I could be there in 90 minutes flat ;) 6:37 PM  

Blogger Antek: Damn Typing errors... I meant FOGGY 12:12 AM  

Blogger Silver: It sounded like the ultimate sleaze of the universe, located conviently in Boston.

Glad it wasn't! 12:26 PM  

Blogger k o w: With a name like the Foggy Goggle how can it be bad? I would walk in there based on name alone. 10:12 AM