Monday, February 20, 2006

I'm Hired!

Well I found out the news last Thursday that I am now hired in the position I was temping in. I was asked to go into my new boss's office first thing in the morning, and he tells me that they decided to hire and make me permanent. Sweet! I was not expecting to hear anything that quick, but that works for me.
The very interesting part of this is that...one of the reasons they hired me was because they decided to terminate my old position in Accounts Payable (technically Vendor Correspondence), and they are downsizing! How about that!!! I am very lucky that I was moved here when I did. If I was still working in my old department, I could have been one of the people in that group to get let go...adios! I am not sure how they would have made that decision, basing it on seniority or people's work ethics, but I am just glad I won't have to go through that at all.
I just hope that I like it here. This position is not exactly the most exciting, but at least I am getting more money, I hope. However, I am still going to keep my eye out for other stuff in the meantime. This company seems to not be very stable these days, and who knows what will happen next. I have been here for over 4 years now, maybe enough for one place, but we will see what happens down the line.

Blogger Antek: SWEET ASS stuff sista... congrats. 9:37 PM  

Blogger Silver: Rock! Now when's the raise???? 12:44 PM  

Blogger k o w: I think your honey should give you a good, congratulatory back rub. 10:27 AM  

Blogger Red Sox Fanatic: Now I like the sound of that!
I haven't had one of those in a while, sorry babe. 12:17 PM  

Blogger Jenni: YEAH HEATHER! Good luck with the new job.... or whatever you decide to do! And tell Dave to GET ON IT! You should get ATLEAST weekly back rubs. He is slackin! 7:48 AM