Sunday, February 12, 2006

Friday night bowling, yay!

The other night, Dave and I along with two other friends of mine went out for a night of bowling. This was actually my friend's idea, but I certainly was not complaining. I LOVE bowling so much! I have not gone in years, but I was ready to kick some ass!
This was kind've like a double-date night. I was trying to set up my friend from work with this guy I somewhat dated for a few times years back. They both came to my birthday/360 LAN party a few weeks back, and they both took a liking to each other, so I decided to set something up.

It was a blast! We played guys against girls, and it certainly made for some good competiion. My friend said he had only bowled once or twice in their lives, Dave has bowled numerous time, but not in a long time, so my friend and I knew that we had the games in our hands.
We played 3 games total, and the winners of the night were the women! WOO-HOO! I actually had the highest score in game #1, and then I had the highest score in game #3. HA! My friend had the highest score in game #2. Go Lex! The guys were slow at first, but started creeping up in game #2 and made some close scores between all of us. Good job guys!

What made it fun too was the part of the night where they turn the lights off and turn on the neon lighs and play music in the background while you are playing. I am not sure of the correct name of what it is called. I think they call it Rock-n-Bowl, but I have heard it called as Cosmic Bowling too. I think though I am all set for a while now. One being my fingers are hurting from holding the ball, and I know Dave's arm is hurting from throwing the ball. I am glad we went regardles.

Blogger Antek: We here in SI call it "Cosmic Bowling" and although I have not gone in years I would like to go again.. hell my arm can't hurt anymore then it did after 4 hours of shoveling snow today (that was SO NOT COOL) 12:06 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous: They call it "Rock and Bowl" in PA, although I have heard it called "Cosmic Bowling," too. I'm glad the women kicked &ss! ;-) 8:00 AM