Sunday, March 19, 2006

Say No More to Mops - Scooba is Here

Alright, I am finally back. It's been almost a month so I have been way overdue.
Tonite I had been watching tv, catching up on my soaps and a show I watch weekly. I usually fast-forward through the commercials since we have DVR, but while fast-forwarding through a particular set, something caught my eye.



It's the all-new iRobot Scooba - The first floor washing robot for the home that preps, washes, scrubs and dries your floor. It works on hardwood, tile and linolium. How cool is that?!?! Most people hate washing their kitchen floors (like I do) but now you can have a robot do it for you and you can just sit back and relax. The only problem with this is - price. These sell for $399.99, oy vey!

It sounds like it would be definitely worth it though. If you check out Dave's blog, you can see that the iRobot vacuum is already a success when it comes to vacuuming carpets. We have the Roomba and we will never go back to hand-held vacuums.

Here's a quote I found about the Scooba...
"...it managed to cover every inch of the kitchen floor…the linoleum that had been greasy and sticky, with the occasional crusted food spot, was buffed to a smart shine."
— Time Magazine [December, 2005]

Here is a little more information I found on this product...



Make mopping a distant memory. With Scooba your floors will be cleaner than ever and you’ll never have to touch a dirty mop and bucket again.

-Programmed to prep, wash, scrub and dry the floor all by itself
-Cleans under furniture, tables and hard-to-reach places
-Cleans a standard-sized kitchen floor on a single tank
-Simple to operate: fill tank, press clean and empty tank when finished

Is it worth it to buy at at this price? If I had enough money I would go for it!

Blogger Silver: Good god...as if we didn't need another reason to spend more money. lol

I say when we have the AVAILABLE funds, we should snag this badboy. I hate mopping, and vaccuming. Thank goodness robots will do it for us. Horay for automatons!! 1:23 AM  

Blogger Frontallobe: I updated my blog address to be FTP. Rock on!!

http://www.jasoncjohnson.com/blog/ 2:24 PM  

Blogger Antek: As a lazy ass SOB I whole-heartedly say its worth it... but damn 4 bills is a lot of cheddar. Lets all just play lotto.. if I win, you can have all the robots you want in the house.

OH YEAH... bout time you came back to blogville.. 5:57 PM  

Blogger k o w: But will it mix drinks???? 4:31 PM  

Blogger Tevin: Heather, you could TOTALLY do infomercials! QVC, I'd buy from you. 8:56 PM  

Blogger Tevin: Heather, you could TOTALLY do infomercials! QVC, I'd buy from you. 8:56 PM  

Blogger k o w: Heather, you could TOTALLY do infomercials! QVC, I'd buy from you.

Just following along. 9:48 AM  

Blogger Brandon Cackowski-Schnell: Don't you people see? This is how the machines start taking over! Clean the floors your own damn self! The machines are watching!

Actually, I totally want one, it's just too damn much to pay. 10:42 AM