Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Speed Limit 65 MPH



I know I have not posted in what seems like a long time, but now after a while, I've got something to say.

Here in the state of Massachusetts, we have a speed limit on most major highways that reads 65 mph, which I can understand. Some people like to take it up a notch a little and travel at say, 70 (which would be me) or slightly more, or maybe even more than that for the speedy types.

For me, I consider the right lane as the slowest lane, the middle lane as the faster lane, and the left lane as the fastest lane (which I use most) on a non-traffic day. I drive the Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90) every day to work and home, and it usually takes me about 30 minutes each way, which is not too bad considering it can be a virtual traffic jam.

Well today I was driving home from work, and there was some rain showers (more like light drizzle) but not moderate rain at all, so it was pretty easy to drive in. From what I've obsevred, every time there's a bit of precipitation, everyone starts driving like there is a god damn blizzard out there! I mean come on, it's only light drizzle! There is no need to start breaking every 2 seconds and slowing down for no reason. I would understand if there was heavy traffic, but it was nothing like that.

I was about 4 miles away from my exit, and I was driving in the left lane as usual, and I noticed 4 cars in front of me driving close to each other, because the person in the front of them was taking their sweet time. Well they must've got tired of being behind this jerk, so they all moved out of the lane and kept on truckin. So then I started picking up speed, and the next thing you know I was behind this dodo. I look at my speedomoter and he is only driving 60 mph or slightly under in the left lane. I am thinking, "Come on buddy, pick it up!" But he doesn't budge! I then proceed to pretty much tailgate him, when he starts to put on his brakes, and does not want to move out of that lane. I was getting impatient, so I moved over just as the other people did, sped right by and jumped in front of him. After about 10 seconds, I look in the rearview, and he is about 12-15 cars behind me just trotting along. What I should have done was flashed my high beams at him, and maybe he would have moved. It just pisses me off because we have a speed limit, this dude can't even go that speed, and while in the left lane too! Get the hell out of the way!

I think I am done ranting now! LOL. I just had to tell you all how that bothered me on the way home tonight.

Blogger Antek: WOW, I see in Mass people drive like morons just like they do here in NY. Staten Isl. is cursed with the worst drivers on the planet. And you are far too calm my dear, death is required for those left lane hogs who drive at like 2 mph. 11:21 PM