Thursday, October 27, 2005

I like my job, do you???

I just started a new position about 2 months ago and I have to say I really like it. This is my 2nd position in the same company, going on 4 years there total as of the end of November, and I will say that this position is so much better than the 1st one. I work in the Accounts Payable department but my position is Vendor Correspondence. What I do is pay back money that is owed to the vendors that I am responsible for their merchandise, whether it is for the full invoice or a shortage.
I have so much work to do all the time, which is good and bad. It's good because I am never bored but bad because things get piled up. We get a lot of phone calls (which is good for me b/c I am a chatty kathy anyways, LOL), constant emails, and constant faxes, along with mail that comes in on a daily basis. I like having a job where I am never bored, and that is what I got, and that makes the day fly by so fast.
I was told by my boss that from Day 1 and when I had my interview that this was going to be a very challenging position, and that it will take a good 6 months before I can truly know anything and handle a lot of things on my own. You know, I was like, great! In my other position, I did the same thing all the time and there was times when I was bored because I was all caught up. I will say that it was nice sometimes to have just about nothing to work on, but then the days just dragged, so that sucked. Now there is so many different things that I am responsible for and it is not the same thing every day. Yay!
My bosses are really cool and so down to earth, which makes my work day easy too. My manager swears sometimes right in front of me, and not in a serious way. One day I was in her office and she was reading an email that she got, and she didn't like what she saw, and says, I don't want your shitty old work, and then she sticks her middle finger up towards the monitor. That was great!
When I was in my other department, I felt like I was on 24 hour watch. My bosses were tolerable some of the time, but other times they creeped me out. I was working in another building then, and my boss's boss was someone who was a major bitch and a half and spread her negativity with a lot of us, making us unhappy there. She practically ruled the downstairs half of that building. She was too god damn anal and rude. Thank god I don't have to deal with that anymore.
The only bad thing about work is the commute there. I drive to work on one of the busiest highways in my state, but it is worth it. Does anyone else enjoy their job, or have they had it?

Blogger k o w: I used to enjoy it but since they strapped me to a desk the only good thing about it is I can be on the internet all day. 3:36 PM  

Blogger Antek: My job blows.... underpaid and generally screwed around with, get me outta there AHHHHH 9:17 PM  

Blogger Jenni: Heather, I have to say that I USED to enjoy my Job. I love being a soldier. Sure, there I some mornings I would rather stay in bed then go to PT at 0600... but I do it. I love the soldier part of my Job. What I hate is the "hospital" part of my Job. I hate being stuck in here doing the same monotonous job every day. I would LOVE being in the field and feeling like a real soldier... but most days here... I feel like an underpaid civilian who is forced to follow a STRICT dress code! I can't wait to start my NEW job... still in the medical stuff.... but away from the Hospital and working with soldiers all day! ROCK ON! 12:39 PM  

Blogger Silver: Jenni, is it better than Old Navy? :-D 12:12 PM